Here are few other solenoids you maybe looking for!
Solenoids generate electrical magnetic fields that interact with mechanical components. They essentially turn electric power into mechanical functions: turning a switch on or off, closing and opening internal valves, or setting off chain reactions to start or stop mechanical circuits.
The basic solenoid consists of a thin copper wire wound around a steel plunger. When the power turns on, the magnetic field activates to pull the plunger back in. If the exposed end of the plunger contacts another segment of equipment, the solenoid effectively acts as a start-stop mechanism for the circuit that equipment handles.
Woodward solenoids manage several important functions in automotive engines:
- Run-stop levers: Automatic shutdown and restarting of internal combustion engines while idling to conserve fuel.
- Chokes: Managing air and fuel mixture to work in a cold engine Throttles: Regulating air-fuel fusion to manage speed and engine. air supply
- Clutches: Controlling the starter motors in cars with manual transmission
- Diesel engines: Shutting off fuel valves to protect damage from high speeds, hot temperatures, and low lube pressure
Dual coil solenoids have separate copper wire mechanisms that control different types of plunger movement: one to give
the plunger a maximum amount of power for pushing and pulling, and another to hold it in place after it finishes a stroke. This twin process helps the solenoid operate for extended periods without overheating.
In dual coil solenoids, it’s imperative to switch off the pull coil as quickly as possible. This function is handled in three different ways:
- Internal - If the solenoid is working in a stationary, clean and vibration-free environment with no need for high cycling, an internal switch is sufficient.
- External - Outside access to the switching mechanism is necessary for high-vibration situations, especially where excessive dirt and moisture accumulate.
- External with Timer - For vehicles under direct operator control, throttle or choke controlling, or equipment that isn’t typically monitored, an external switch with an automatic shut-off control is recommended.
PJ Power carries a complete line of Woodward solenoids, including the full lineup of Woodward Synchro-Start products. Woodward’s engine solenoids have a great reputation for standing up to adverse conditions like extreme heat or dirty engines. Woodward solenoids come in both single- and double-coil constructions, available with a variety of switching mechanisms: internal, external, or external with timers.
PJ Power’s inventory of Woodward solenoids and Woodward Synchro-Start solenoids includes a wide variety of options for prime functional power of your diesel-engine vehicle.