Trombetta solenoids turn electric power into mechanical work. By generating a linear electrical magnetic field that interacts with mechanical components, solenoids help close and open internal valves, and initiate mechanical chain reactions to monitor other operational circuits.
Solenoid construction consists of a thin copper wire wound around a steel plunger. When the power turns on, the magnetic field activates to pull the plunger back in. If the exposed end of the plunger contacts another segment of equipment, the solenoid effectively acts as a start-stop mechanism for the circuit that equipment handles.
Many solenoids feature dual-coil construction, with one coil regulated the push or pull of the surrounded plunger, and another controlling the hold function.
Trombetta solenoids manage several important functions in automotive engines:
- Run-stop levers: Automatic shutdown and restarting of internal combustion engines while idling to conserve fuel
- Chokes: Managing air and fuel mixture to work in a cold engine
- Throttles: Regulating air-fuel fusion to manage speed and engine air supply
- Clutches: Controlling the starter motors in cars with manual transmission
- Diesel engines: Shutting off fuel valves to protect damage from high speeds, hot temperatures, and low lube pressure
Trombetta solenoids are best known for their use in industrial vehicles and heavy equipment. They provide a high volume of capacity, with heavy stroke rates and the ability to endure extremes in temperature, humidity, and engine vibration.
PJ Power’s inventory includes Trombetta solenoid product lines best known for their effectiveness with diesel engineers and large vehicle controls:
- P600 Pull & Q600 Push Family. These Trombetta lines are specially designed for extensive use in challenging conditions for a variety of diesel uses. Solenoids in the P600 series are especially enduring in hot conditions and sustain through harsh or rapid vibration. Q600 solenoids are acclaimed for their durability and are ideal for various diesel engine functions including fuel shutdown and compression release. They’re also suitable for generators and over-the-road trucking.
- D500 & D600 Pull Family. Both these Trombetta product lines feature an integral cut-out switch, which allows the dual winding coils to conduct continuous duty holding. The D500 Pull solenoids operate with high amounts of energy, maintaining a low operating temperature with no additional accessories. D600 series solenoids work exceptionally well with large engines, especially industrial brakes, positioning, locking, and other industrial controls. D600 solenoids also reduce the effects of certain environmental conditions, such as vibration, coil corruption, and wire breakage.
Contact PJ Power for more in-depth information on their line of Trombetta solenoids.